Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Gosh it's been a while.

The flame of blog inspiration has been re-lit with news of a couple of friends starting their own. Thought I might write a bit about what's been going on. I still work at Outpost. I graduated in May of 2009. Angie is great with getting projects done with our apartment. I lots of color! We built this really awesome bench/coffee table to use in an indoor/outdoor setting. I'll have to get my camera and take some pictures soon.

Yesterday was Angie's Birthday. Wahoo! We had lunch with our friends Travis and Jenny at Comet. Damn good food, and some of the best service I've had in Milwaukee. Seriously. They gave her a gift certificate to this rock climbing place and we have made a pact to go together for the first time. I've never rock climbed but it looks challenging. It has always seemed kind of like a hidden sport. I may need to grow a beard.

I have been kind of obsessed with financial planning, finding a new job, making sourdough starter, and reading about the use of arts as therapy.

Today I'm waiting for the sourdough starter to get to room temp before I can make the pizza dough. Apparently you can make the dough without the use of yeast if you have sourdough starter. I was reading one of the many recipes about sourdough starter and was delighted to see them refer to the liquid that forms at the top of the starter as "hooch." I always thought hooch was something that your grandma made in a big batch out back. Maybe you would drink it under a full moon while your bloodhound slept at your feet. The sourdough hooch is fermented wheat, so I guess it is kind of like your grandma's "lifeblood," but on a much smaller scale.