This is one of Angie's recent favorite sayings. I love her. She really is turning her bird around. She's attempting to quit smoking, she's looking for fulfilling work, and she's putting up with me lazing around with a job at the co-op. I think folks get comfortable where they work, they justify why it's a good job, and then they stay and stay and stay until one day you wake up and realize you're a lifer at the co-op.
A co-worker of mine just celebrated her 25th year at the co-op. You know what she got? A revolving line of random and unknown to her co-workers hoping to cash in on her celebratory party pizza and cake. "Who is having a party in admin?" I heard a co-worker of mine say "Oh, pizza and cake?, oh, ok, I'll go get some in a minute." The catch is...you have to wade through all of the administrative staff and management and their failed attempts at genuine interest to get to the food. I feel bad for them, I mean, how fun is a party you were forced to organize, and then attending that party. This is what we call a non-party, or not a party. Don't even call it a party because parties aren't silent, and then become louder when a poor unsuspecting soul looking for food comes into the mix and is ripped to shreds by un-questions and mediocre chit chat. I would rather work.
On a more positive note, I interviewed for an Art Teacher job at Urban Day School here in MKE. What an experience. I can't say that I was a ringer for the job, but I liked the experience of "trying out" for the part of an art teacher at Urban Day School. I was somewhat nervous at harder questions...you know, the questions I was less qualified to answer. Ha! I'm thinking I'm about 100% 50/50 on whether they will hire me, then again because of budget constraints they may just forgo the hiring of an art teacher for the rest of the year.
